I'm a woman

I'm a woman
Photos copyright Laurence Gouault
No reproduction on other media without the photographer's permission.

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Eyless in Gaza by Stevie Haston



So, I woke in the cold of the night, fed the rabbits and watched the dawn paint the mountain behind the house. I was happy-ish so I sang.
I’m a bitch
I’m a lover
I’m a sinner,
I’m a saint
I’m a climber
I’m a fool
I’m an alpinist
I’m a tool
Never be rich
Just the industry bitch
Videos for free
So you can adore me
This was done badly in an east end rap, but I did have rhythm cos I was swaying under an hundred and ten pounds of barley, in a tearing sac. Yesterday I went climbing, didn’t ‘crush’ anything, didn’t ‘send’ anything, and got worked in the cave of justice. In fact, it was I who was crushed, soundly , severely and severally by the fat gut that’s clingoned to me. Last night I watched free videos on the web, climbers stupidly doing stuff for free, risking sever injury or death, wow thanks lads, but wake up and charge a bit of money next time. Last night sleep evaded me. A big mountain covered in powder poked its head into heaven and screamed snowboard me. Its Nanga Parbat, 8000 meters high and has a huge drop of 4500 meters to ride, it’s the perfect ride, worth dying for. Can you imagine great swooshing turns on a really beau luminous day in the lush powder. Feeling like Odin for a brief time. That’s what I want from Santa, give me the dosh dude, I want to ride the white death. Or as the singer Seal sang, ‘ In a world full of people Isn’t it crazy that only some people want to fly’.